Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

Back to School and Covid

Well it has happened! The kids are back to school! Some parents were happy to see their child(ren) going off to school and able to meet up with their friends and meet their new teacher, and having those minor academic goals ready to set for their classroom. But wait that was pre pandemic era! This year has been a little more complex! For some parents, myself included I was waiting to hear the details for the 2021-2022 school year at the beginning of August, but there really was not much, all I kept hearing was that the government was using the same protocols before the kids went to online classes. But a week before my girls went back to school, we received a letter from the principal that every child had to have a Covid screening done every day before they came to school. (Simple enough!) I am not trying to vent, or trying to be negative, but it is really starting to scare me that, sometime, somewhere during the flu season, they are going to say “ School age children will be doing their schooling online for the rest of the year!” There goes the mental health of our children, because they are separated from their teacher that they may be getting along with and their classmates. I can tell you, my girls were not happy day in and day out that they were not able to see their peers, as for my oldest, it was especially hard for her because she was an introvert, and being in the classroom brought her out of her shell. I do have to make a point, as we are going into the fall season and that is typically flu season, what is Covid going to be looking like? Are we going to be back to square one, where the kids are online and learning? Or will the kids have a normal school year? As I was taking kids to school this morning, I noticed that the primary kids have big red dots to stand on for social distance, as well they are coming outside at the end of the day and staying with their groups until they are dismissed by their teacher, which I think is a great idea. I thought I would share a few ideas for you, to help with Covid: 


• I pack in my daughter’s backpack a pencil case size so she can put her masks in it and when she gets home they go directly into the wash. 

• When the kids come home they wash their hands before and after snack. 

• For the home life I wipe down the high exposed areas, (door knobs, counter tops)
 
• As for the air I put my home diffuser on with some citrus scent, to help clean the air. 

• Most of all ......sleep 

I could go on, but these are just a few things that I do between my house and the kids and I thought that I would share them with you, from one parent to another parent! Friendly help from one parent, to another!

No comments:

Post a Comment