Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2021

Can We Make Another Person Happy?

The last couple of weeks have been really busy!

In our household we have been busy with our house, trying to get at least one family trip, in (we went to the Toronto zoo), and now trying to get the kids ready for school, which has been a little chore in itself.

As that has gone on for the last little bit, I kept on thinking about different topics, but the one that came to me the other day was this; “Can we make another person happy?”

I know I am tackling a big topic here, and there might be different sides to this. I thought about it for a couple of days, and finally came to the conclusion, let’s write this out.

Google and I have become good friends lately with different definitions and explanations of what different words mean, but this one I thought really hit home.  Well, the good news is: No one and nothing can cause you to be happy. In fact, people and things don't cause happiness at all. It's what you think about those other people and things that determines whether you feel happy or sad. ... Just as money can't make you happy, other people can't make you happy either (resourced from Google search)

As I was writing this, I found a blog post that says there are actual ways to make someone happy, which is called 24 quick ways to make someone happy! www.positivityblog.com 

Some of these ideas are pretty good, for example:

Opening the door for someone
Giving a smile 
Picking flowers

Just to name a few...

Let’s look at a relationship. Can we make our spouse happy?

I came across a short youtube video the other day about this topic. It was a video with Will Smith, and this video really made me think about marriage and what I have now.
Here is a quote from Will Smith about this;
   
"You can make a person smile. You can make a person feel good. You can make a person laugh. 
But whether or not a person is happy is deeply and totally and utterly out of your control"

This video will make you think. The link is Will Smith “You can’t make another person happy” on You tube.

I, once in awhile like to sit down and watch one of his movies, and the one that hits home with me and this topic is “The Pursuit of Happiness”

After reading the pros and cons, and watching that video so many times, I have come to the conclusion, that yes you can make yourself happy by surrounding yourself with friends and family that you can trust, as well you can make someone else happy by just doing the little things for them.

So I ask you, Have you made someone happy today?





No comments:

Post a Comment