Pages

Friday, June 10, 2022

                                                 Ode To Summer!


As I was walking to work last Thursday, I was crossing the road and my children’s crossing guard asked me “ Where is the next blog?”  She verbally kicked me in the pants!


I started having those million Mom thoughts about what summer is going to be like, my oldest is working and my youngest just wants to explore.

Then I started thinking about other families and what everyone might be up to.


The school year is quickly winding down, we only have weeks left of school. “HOLY COW!


There is so much that we can do, during the summer!

Let me give you a list of ideas that are easy on the wallet:

  • There are so many wonderful parks around Owen Sound to visit 

  • The library, which has some great summer programs

  • So many wonderful beaches 

  • Launch your kayak or canoe 

  • Pack a lunch or snacks and discover a new gem!

There is also ;

  • The many theme and non theme day camps

  • There are some overnight camps that are a short drive away 

  • Different farmers markets

Of course there is your own backyard to explore and find new and different things.


I know within our household we are exploring our backyard and around Owen sound.

We are staying close to home, because of the crazy gas prices and of course other issues that are out there.


Don’t get me wrong! I’m not turning into a hobbit and staying home, I swear!


It’s the crazy gas prices, and the high cost of other things.

If we decide to do a small road trip, I plan on packing snacks and a picnic lunch and spend the day there.


I believe that it is going to be an expensive summer with prices and gas.

If we look at the other side of it!

The kids and families haven't really had a real summer break in the last two years due to Covid 19 .

So they should really enjoy the summer the way that they want to.

I know my kids will be!


I just want to leave you with a concluding thought;

What are your plans for the summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment